Saturday, June 26, 2010

Heights of Winter




Heights of Winter is a Rogaining (orienteering) event. You get a map in the beginning with a bunch of different points on it spread over many kilometers. Each check point is worth a different value based on how hard it is to get to. Teams are 2-5 people- my team was just me and my friend Chantal from the tramping club. We started off with my 3 office mates from the university, but they soon took off to get some of the more difficult check points. We spent over an hour in a densely forested gully looking for a check point that wasn't even worth that much (and we never did find it)! Anyways, it was an adventure.

2 comments:

  1. Quite an adventure!!! Looks like a worthwhile Rogaining event. Hope to talk to you soon.
    Love Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last picture is what I picture about when I think of New Zealand. Looks like the race was aninteresting experience.

    ReplyDelete