Monday, January 24, 2011

Mueller Hut

Sealy Tarns (halfway up)

Top of Mount Oliver (near Mueller hut) (1933m)

Mueller Hut



Mueller Hut is at 1800m, half the height of New Zealand's highest peak- Mount Cook. On clear days at Mueller hut, you get a panaramoic view of all the highest peaks, including Mount Cook. Unfortunately it was foggy up at the top- but we did get to see and hear loads of avalanches on the other side of the valley coming off the glaciers. We were perfectly safe from them at the hut though- there is no snow there at this time of the year.

4 comments:

  1. Spectacular pics!!!! Thank you for ensuring me your were safe Cath!!!!!I NEED to know that!!!

    Love You

    Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem. It was a pretty quick & tiring trip from Saturday to Sunday since it's about 4 hours from Christchurch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes me wish Mike and I had taken time to go to the mount Cook area! Those pics are beautiful, much much better than the snow here. I hope your are enjoying the warm seasons. Sorry I haven't gotten around to sending you our pics from the Milford Track in New Zealand, hopefully I get around to it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No problem Jennie. Hey you can't see it all- you guys saw all the highlights for sure! It was great to have you here!

    ReplyDelete