Thursday, October 25, 2012

Hinewai Reserve



This past weekend was the long weekend, and I did a whitewater kayaking course. I didn't get any pictures cause the water was high and fast so I was focusing on paddling and not capsizing. I didn't even bother taking a camera.
The weekend before I did a day trip to Hinewai reserve. It is in the Banks Peninsula near Akaroa, about an hour from Christchurch.  It has beautiful native bush, which is a rare find. That bush with yellow flowers is Gorse- and it is very invasive (from the UK) but they are trying hard to keep it out. We had 3 seasons in one day that day- snow in the morning, and sunshine and warmth in the afternoon.
Brad spent both weekends golfing of course!!


1 comment:

  1. AWWW..... I miss YOU so much!!! YOU look great my Lovey!!!! The scenery is spectacular as per NZ

    ReplyDelete