Sunday, November 20, 2011

Arnold & Crooked





These are rivers near the north west coast of the south island. This was a trip with the whitewater canoe club. The club is quite impressive- friendly, organized and a lot of support for novice paddlers. These rivers were beautiful and the trips down them were exhilarating. I still have a lot to learn- but so far I am really enjoying this sport. I've been amazed by what even beginners can do- and it is nice to see the scenery from the river (rather than the usual- from land).

2 comments:

  1. Again such an adventure!!!! I am completely amazed
    at the beauty of the rivers and the scenery. Good for you Catherine!!! But PLEASE be careful too!!
    I imagine the great people you are meeting on these trips!!! Enjoy My Lovey---you deserve it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it's very beautiful. It is a little dangerous- but I will definitely not push it beyond my skill level!

    ReplyDelete