Monday, November 7, 2011

Hurunui- first attempt



I say first attempt cause it probably won't be the last time I paddle on that river. It was great fun! We did the same leg of river 3 times- first with utter fear, then just a little fear, then no fear at all. So it feels good to conquer your fears. The water wasn't as cold as I thought it would be either- though one of the instructors did give me her bright pink dishwashing gloves which helped a lot! The rapids were intense in some spots (or so they seemed to us beginners). I didn't take these pictures- I didn't even bring my camera- I was too focused on not tipping- but we all still did anyways- several times!

1 comment:

  1. WOW!!! Very Impressive for sure!!! Looks beautiful too ; but I would be very afraid.

    Be very careful LOVEY!!!!

    ReplyDelete